2021 Best Workplaces for Women
The Best Workplaces for Women process is a programme which aims to recognise those top organisations which, rather than provide a great work environment for everyone in general, are creating positive and supportive workplaces for women in particular.
This award takes the global standard Best Workplaces methodology as its basis, and recognises organisations that go above and beyond to ensure that the women in their workforce are treated fairly when it comes to pay, recognition, training and promotion opportunities; where they can take the time off they need to attend to childcare or other family commitments; and where they are encouraged, empowered, and supported to do their best work.
- Minimum of 20% of the workforce are women
- Minimum of 20% of people manager positions are held by women
- Minimum Trust Index score of 70% amongst female respondents
- Minimum variance in the Trust Index score between women and men
- Minimum variance in the responses to the statements: '"Promotions go to those who best deserve them'", "People here are treated fairly regardless of their sex", "I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary", "People are encouraged to balance their work-life and their personal life", and "People here are paid fairly for the work they do".
When determining the ranking of successful organisations on the list, we will also consider female-friendly policies and practices highlighted in your Culture Audit submission: such as supports to increase female participation in leadership, activation measures to assist returning to the workforce, or innovative approaches to developing female talent.
Timeframe & Cost
Trust Index survey completed by mid-December.
Culture Audit submission by late November.
Included with participation in the Best Workplaces in Ireland or Certification programmes.